Wine evening in Vrbnik - 9 wines in 3 wineries & Krk delicacies
- Travel style:
- Age range: 18+ years old
- Duration: 4 hours
- Transportation: Car Van
- Max. number of persons: 10
- because you will be hosted by one of the most famous winemakers of the island of Krk
- because you will enjoy the delicacies typical for Vrbnik and the island of Krk
- because of individual approach to each guest thanks to smaller groups
Why choose Wine Tales from Vrbnik?
This is an ideal excursion for all wine & dine enthusiasts who will take this wine & dine tour to taste the local white wine žlahtina and learn all there is about its characteristics and production. The grapes this wine is made of grow only in Vrbnik on the island of Krk. In addition, you will also be able to taste homemade sheep cheese and prosciutto as well as other traditional Krk delicacies.
The excursion starts at about 5:30 p.m. when you will be picked up by a taxi and taken to Vrbnik, a small coastal resort widely known for its rich wine & dine offer. Transfer by taxi is optional, with an additional charge of 125 kn. If you come to Vrbnik in your own arrangement, we will meet at 6:00 p.m in the House of Wine Ivan Katunar, where a tour of the wine cellar, an introductory tasting of wine as well as telling the story about the characteristics of local wines from Vrbnik is organized. In this family winery you will try 3 interesting wines (ca 0.5 dcl per wine):
• Pearl - pearly wine made from vrbnička Žlahtina according to the Prosecco method
• Žlahtina Ivan Katunar - dry white wine, indigenous Vrbnik žlahtina with refined fruit and mineral aromas
• Muškat Ivan Katunar - semi-sweet aromatic muscat wine
The visit to the winery Ivan Katunar takes about 45 minutes, followed by a half-hour walk through the picturesque Vrbnik streets to the winery and restaurant Nada.
We have prepared for you a city map with marked wineries and a canvas bag with a wine glass as a souvenir.
In the winery and restaurant Nada you will try three more wines (ca 0.5 dcl per wine) with traditional prosciutto and cheese:
• Sparkling wine Nada Brut - sparkling wine produced by the classic in-bottle fermentation method
• Žlahtina Nada - quality white dry wine
• Brajda Red Wine - A mixture of dry wines from indigenous Krk wine varieties
After the wine tasting in the winery and restaurant Nada, you will enjoy a short walk along the town walls with a beautiful sea view and you will come to the Vinotel Gospoja, a hotel dedicated to wine. Here you will enjoy the famous delicacies - traditional homemade pasta - šurlice with goulash. Šurlice are the favorite dish of the islanders and they are a speciality of the local cuisine. This dish is usually prepared on holidays or in special occasions like weddings…This simple, but inventively prepared homemade pasta will capture gourmets and all who love tastes and aromas of the Island.
In addition to the šurlice with goulash in Vinotel Gospoja, you will also try three more wines (ca 0.5 dcl per wine):
• Sparkling Wine Gospoja - quality sparkling wine produced of Žlahtina with a traditional method
• Žlahtina Gospoja - Žlahtina - wine labeled "Traditional Croatian"
• Misno vino - Gospoja Sacramental Wine - Top quality dessert wine
Wine tasting and dinner at Vinotel Gospoja is scheduled for about an hour and a half. After this unique experience in Vrbnik, a taxi will take you back to your destination.
In these 4 hours of the extremely rich program, you will have the opportunity to visit 3 family wineries that have been making wine for decades and keep in their wine cellars the best wines that you will be able to taste and buy. This excursion also includes prosciutto and sheep cheese tasting. For dinner, you will be served the local home-made pasta, šurilice, with goulash.
This excursion is organized from April to October, and we strongly recommend that you do not miss the opportunity to take part in it because we are sure that it will be the one long remembered!
- Important information
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions