Tasting of Krk top olive oils & tour of olive groves
- Travel style:
- Duration: 1 hours
- Transportation: Car Van
- Because you will visit a centuries old, carefully groomed olive grove and learn a lot about olives and olive oil
- Because you will enjoy the beautiful nature
- Because you will have the opportunity to taste the top quality, award-winning boutique olive oils from Krk
Why choose the tasting of the finest Utla olive oils and a visit to the olive groves?
Do not miss this unique opportunity to taste the top quality, award-winning boutique olive oils from the island of Krk and enjoy the beautiful, well-kept olive grove while learning a lot about the olive trees at the same time!
Olive oil has always been an essential component of Mediterranean cuisine, and today it becomes increasingly popular among gourmands due to proven health benefits. With its distinctive flavor, it also enriches the traditional dishes from the island of Krk. Today, about 120,000 olive trees are cultivated on the island of Krk, most of which are between 200 and 300 years old. Olive harvesting generally lasts from October to mid-December and olives are mostly hand- picked. How many olives are harvested from a tree depends on the year, and on average, about 130,000 liters of olive oil are produced on the island of Krk annually. Olive oil from this region, Oleum Liburnicum, was well known and highly valued already since Roman times.
Flavors of the island of Krk are simply inconceivable without olive oil. For you, we have selected some of the best and most award-winning boutique olive oils of the island of Krk.
In Porat, near Malinska, on the beautiful promenade of "Walking the path of our ancestors" there is the olive grove of family Jud. For 4 generations, this family has cultivated the olive grove and made olive oil. In order to ensure the highest quality of olive oil, it is a boutique production of small quantities and the olives are hand-picked with great care and put into the mill within 24 hours.
The tasting room at the doorstep offers a unique experience of tasting the rich flavor of 2 oils. The one is Utla Plominka, a mono-variety olive oil made from the autochthonous olive variety Plominka, which traditionally grows only on the islands of Krk and Cres. The other is Utla Blend – a multi-variety olive oil, a blend of autochthonous Croatian as well as Italian olive varieties.
Among the numerous awards and prizes that these oils have been awarded, the family takes special pride in the gold medal awarded at the New York International Olive Oil Competition in New York in 2016, where Utla Plominka was declared the world’s best one-variety olive oil among the 820 of oils.
There are guided tours of olive groves in Croatian, English and Italian. The olive grove can be reached by car, and the tour takes about half an hour. This tour is available throughout the year, but an appointment should be made several days before the desired tour term.
Included in the price: guided tour of the olive grove and tasting of the fine Krk boutique olive oils.
- Important information
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions