Krk Town - private sightseeing tour with a local guide
- Travel style:
- Culture & Heritage
- Duration: 1,5 hours
- Max. number of persons: 15
- because a local guide will make sure You reveal traces of the rich Krk town history
- because You will explore all important sights and discover interesting facts and legends about Krk city as well as the island
Why choose our Krk Town private sightseeing tour with a local guide?
With a local guide you will discover many secrets that the town of Krk and its extremely rich past hides. Enjoy! The town of Krk is the largest settlement on the island of Krk and at the same time one of the oldest towns in the region Kvarner. We can say that the town of Krk has been continuously inhabited for 3000 years and with good reason is called "the city of history and culture". Krk has been an Episcopal center since the 4th century, and the inscription "Splendissima civitas Curictarum" also dates from the 4th century. The Old Town will reveal many traces of the rich history of the town of Krk. Thus, you will find out a lot of interesting facts about the fascinating complex of the Cathedral of Krk, the Church of St. Quirinus and bell tower on the picturesque Kamplin Square. The Kamplin also houses the Frankopan Castle, which is an integral part of the city's defensive walls. On Vela placa - old town square you will see the Town Hall with an unusual clock, and not far away is the Tower on the coast ... There is also a very interesting and newly renovated Glagolitic Square, which once housed as many as 4 monasteries.
The walking tour takes about 1.5 hours, it is designed for couples, families and groups of up to 15 people and is available in English, German, Italian and in Croatian. The price is valid for the group up to 15 people, not per person.
- Important information
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions