A Visit to Prosciutto Factory and Prosciutto Tasting
- Travel style:
- Duration: 1,5 hours
- Transportation: Car
- Because you will indulge in the original delicacy from the island of Krk, the Krk prosciutto (pršut), which is also the first Croatian product with protected geographical indication in the EU
- Because you will learn a lot about the traditional production of Krk prosciutto
Why choose a visit to prosciutto factory Pršutana and tasting of prosciutto - Pršut
The tasting includes homemade brandy and the delicious Krk prosciutto, homemade cheese and prosciutto paté served with olives, pickles and homemade bread, accompanied by a glass of Vrbnička Žlahtina, the autochthonous dry white wine.
You will certainly find it interesting to learn more about the process of making the traditional Krk prosciutto by taking a guided tour of House of Krk Prosciutto, available in English, German and Italian. There is also a short film about the prosciutto making process.
There is a reason why “Krčki pršut”, the Krk prosciutto, was the first Croatian product to be awarded the protected geographical indication in the EU. It has a very mild aroma due to a slow and long curing, which takes at least a year. The Krk prosciutto is processed with wild growing aromatic herbs, which grow on the island of Krk in abundance, is cultivated in skin, is not smoked, but cured in the wind bora (Croatian: bura). The Krk bora is a strong, powerful wind that blows down the Velebit Mountain range to the coast and islands at high speed and covers them with small drops of water. Thanks to this sleet, the sheep graze the salty aromatic herbs, which gives the Krk sheep cheese a unique flavor.
House of Krk Prosciutto opening hours: 12 a.m. – 9 p.m. Guided tours and tastings are available all year long except in January and February.
The price includes a guided tour of the House of Krk Prosciutto, a short film on the production process, a tasting of prosciutto – homemade brandy, a plate of Krk prosciutto, homemade cheese, prosciutto paté, olives, pickles and homemade bread, and a glass of Vrbnička Žlahtina Toljanić, the autochthonous dry white wine.
- Important information
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions