ACTIVE VACATION ON THE ISLAND OF KRK
We will gladly help You to form Your vacations according to Your wishes and inclinations.We prepared several suggestions for Your active vacation.
BEACHES / SWIMMING
Here we bring you descriptions of some nice beaches in Vrbnik and surroundings.
- The main town beach in Vrbnik is called Zgribnica. Zgribnica is a pebble beach in a cove 10 minutes walk from the centre of Vrbnik. There is a catering establishment with an offer of drinks, ice-cream and food (grill). The beach has a toilet, a shower and there is a possibility of renting parasoles, chais longues and pedal-boats. Pets are not allowed on the beach.
- There is another lovely beach we would like to recommend to our guests – Kozica. Kozica is a small pebble and rock beach situated in a small cove hidden in a pine grove, 10 minutes walk from Zgribnica beach and 15 minutes walk from the centre. A nice stroll through the pine grove, starting from topmost part of Vajavina car park (in the end of Supec street, just above Zgribnica) will take you there.
- There are two small beaches in Vrbnik harbour, which are favoured by locals: Nuluk and Pod Kovač. Nuluk is a beach with fine pebbles and shallow sea, near coffee-bar and winery. This beach is particularly favoured by people with small children. Pod Kovač is a very small beach beneath high rocks. It is right next to the breakwater (with red signal station). A short passage through a rock leads to this beach which is insolated only during forenoon when particularly pleasant for bathing.
- We warmly recommend you beach called Potovošće, a beautiful pebble beach in picturesque cove cca 2 km south of Vrbnik. A popular Croatian weekly „Globus“ placed this beach in top 50 most beautiful unknown beaches of Croatian Adriatic. You can reach Potovošće by an asphalted road on the end of which is a spacy car park (parking fee is charged during summer). There is an catering establishment (drinks only) on the beach. The simpliest way to reach Potovošće is to go up Grohot street (an uphill street starting at the end of central car park - minimarket „Supec“ should be on your left, and hairdresser's „Ivana“ on your right) and just keep going straight uphill. The road will take you out of Vrbnik, through olive groves, and shortly you will reach a crossroad where you should turn left and follow the road. One more possibility to reach Potovošće is to exit Vrbnik by the main road, turn left by Katunar Winery and just keep heading straight. This road is only partly asphalted but good for driving.
- Cca 7 km north-east from Vrbnik, in village Risika, there is a very nice sand beach near Sv.Marek (St.Marcus) peninsula.
- 15 km from Vrbnik, in the north-east part of the island, there is a bay with medicinal mud - Soline Bay.
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed on most of above mentioned beaches. We will gladly recommend you small beaches and coves where you can take your pets for a swim. There is also an official dog beach 2,5 km from Vrbnik in the direction Risika, near the sandy beach of St. Marek
- There are many beautiful beaches and coves in Vrbnik area that can be reached only by sea, taxiboats can be ordered if required.
Approximately 2 nm south from Vrbnik is cape Tenki. At 15m depth in a 10m long tunnel can be seen red gorgonias - visibility is good, currents are weak. An excellent diving-spot, suitable for all diving categories. "Vrbnik's cave", wide, 20m deep room is 100m to the right from an entrance to the port. An endemic variety of goby fish (Kolombatić) was found in the cave.
You will find more info about house reef diving in Vrbnik here.
Sailing is an unforgettable active vacation experience and in our offer you can find Sailing experience 4 hours sailing on the sailing boat for max. 4 persons or Daily sailing - whole day sailing trip on beautiful sailing boat Salona 45 for max. 11 persons. Daily charter is also available.
There are number of possibilities for hiking in immediate vicinity of Vrbnik and on the whole island of Krk.You can head towards beautiful untouched coves, visit abandoned ruins of small churches and chappels.You will enjoy the unique viewon wineyards and slopy landscape,walk through olive groves, discover moving and unforgetable motifs...
Under the link Marked walking paths you can find more info about hiking and we have also prepared for you the available maps of marked walking paths of the Island of Krk that you can download in PDF or JPG format.
We will be delighted to provide You with many suggestions for hiking!
Island of Krk has lately become more and more popular destination for numerous cyclists. There are many possibilities for cycling on the island. Two well-marked cycling tracks can serve You as guidelines:
- a track through central part of the island (35 km in lenght, the highest point - 190m above sea level,this track does not require top shape)
- a track through valleys and over hills of the island (62 km in lenght, the highest point – 260m above sea level, a more demanding track)
Take a look at cycling map of the Island of Krk for more ideas & info.
You can rent a bike in our Mare Tours office. Apply to us for additional informations and advices.
WAKEBOARD & WATERSKI
Only 6 km from Vrbnik away in the bay of Punat there is Wakeboard Cable Krk, where you can experience and enjoy the waterskiing and wakeboarding. In the Water Sports Centre Cable Krk you can rent all the necessary equipment and the instructors are also available. Wakeboard Cable Krk is 650 m long, the average speed is 30 - 32 km/h, suitable for both beginners and experienced boarders. More info can be found here.
We have many other suggestions for Your active vacation. We will gladly form a program according to Your wishes. Please contact us with Your suggestions, initiatives, wishes!