Majer's water mill - source of Gacka River
- Travel style:
- Culture & Heritage
- Duration: 1 hours
- Transportation: Car
- because You will discover the third-longest subterranean river in the world
- because You will have a chance to explore remarkably preserved Majer's mill, one of rare active mills on Gacka River today
- because there is a possibility of buying flour and traditional products
Why visit Majer's water mill and source of Gacka River?
We invite you to discover the source of Gacka River, the third longest subterranean river in the world. Gacka is an extremely clean river rich in oxygen, and it is also famous among fishermen because it is known that the river trout in the Gacka River grows up to 5 times faster than in other karst rivers.
Majerovo vrilo in Sinac is one of the 3 largest springs in the Gacka spring area and is very picturesque.
On Gacka River there were once as many as 60 mills, and there are still a few more active today. We suggest that you visit Majerov - Majer's mill that has been owned by the Majer family for generations. Majer's mill is remarkably preserved and grains are still milled there in a traditional way.
Upon prior announcement it is possible to visit the mill with the possibility of buying flour and traditional products. The bread made from ground-milled grain in the water mill has a completely different, much richer flavor.
The beauty of Gacka and its springs will surely delight you, and visiting the old water mill is a real experience!
- Important information
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions